Growth Project - 2007 Hucklow Summer School
Reclaiming the Language of Faith
During the 2007 Hucklow Summer School, people responded to a presentation by Dawn Buckle on the Summer School theme of Reclaiming the Language of Faith with the statements listed below.
The responses obtained at the 2009 Growth and Renewal day will follow shortly.
- To share and explore what I call God with others in a non-judgemental, caring community.
- Open heart, open mind.
- Unitarianism is cool. You can be yourself.
- A joyful, thoughtful journey with open- minded companions.
- Being in right relationship with other travellers on our spiritual journey.
- Goodwill, care, openness.
- We are an open and welcoming community of diverse individuals who nurture one another’s lifelong spiritual growth. In our actions as a community we are working to achieve reason and understanding, freedom and respect, acceptance and harmony, inclusion and social justice.
- A place of challenge and love.
- A community of individuals in right relationship with each other.
- We are a community of the open mind and heart. Interconnected with one another, our humanity, the earth and the divine.
- Unity of respect; unity in dignity; unity in love; unity in diversity.
- You are invited to explore your spiritual journey with us.
- This loving community has helped me to find purpose in life and held me through difficult times, it’s good to belong.
- A spiritual home which welcomes your doubts and humanity. A safe non-judgemental space.
- We are practising to create Beloved Community.
- Freedom to follow our own spiritual journey.
- To empower the powerless and love the loveless… Where people are listened to and their gifts respected and used.
- Allowing and enabling a way of living life in the knowledge that all things are shared in love.
- A church where we worship the spirit of life and encourage ethical living to honour that spirit.
Unitarians welcome all who come in a spirit of true inquiry.
- There is space and freedom here to explore the spiritual in community with others – such freedom is refreshing and inspiring.
- Caring, supportive, welcoming community of thinking individuals, who believe in and practise freedom of speech and social justice.
- A supportive community where we offer companionship for life’s spiritual journey.
- Seeking our own answers/paths/God together.
- Join us for religious experience without constraining creeds and statements.
- A voice (and action) of integrity, spirit, purpose and social justice.
- A liberal religion for the spiritual explorer.
- Unitarianism: the place to be.
- A national and international movement strengthening the web of connectedness, building trust and love between all peoples.
- Creating Unity.
- Shared values and principles allowing a fully inclusive spiritual journey.
- Building a world wide web of loving community.
- Unitarianism is a free and inquiring religion, rooted in Christianity, where people are positively encouraged to find their own spiritual pathway in loving community.
To read an introduction to the Growth and Renewal project please click here.