1. Unikids ‘Canterbury Tales’
A weekend of fun, games and storytelling for 7-12 year olds in the historic city of Canterbury from 28-31 July 2017 staying at the youth hostel. Time to explore the Canterbury Tales visitor attraction and go swimming near Whitstable. There will be free transport from London. There are only 12 places available with a fee of £110.
Go to the Unikids Event page on our website for posters, further information and booking forms. Either book online or download booking forms and send to Essex Hall with a cheque. Contact John Harley or call me on 07985 900 935 for more information.
Rev John Harley
GA Youth Coordinator
2. Hull Pride
Hull Unitarians invite all to join us at the first ever UK-wide Pride Parade and Event on 22 July 2017. This event is part of the UK City of Culture event. Come for the weekend, join us for Sunday worship, and enjoy other City of Culture events and exhibitions.
On Saturday 22 July gather at Hull Unitarians, Chamberlain House, Park Street, HU2 8TA, at 9.30am for refreshments. Parking is available and it takes less than 10 minutes to walk from the bus and train interchange.
How you can help. Join us
* In the Parade with the Unitarian banner – gather from 11 am, leaves at noon;
* Helping to set up and decorate the stall in Queens Gardens from 11.00am;
* Helping-out at the stall after the parade – from 2.00pm
Enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org or 01482 224 662
Rev Dr Ralph Catts
3. Media coverage
- Bridport “Shonaleigh Clumbers will be the storyteller at Bridport Unitarian Chapel-in-the-Garden” (Dorset Echo, 15 June 2017)
- Chowbent Unitarian Chapel with renowned organist Carol Ann Wareing (Bolton News, 24 June 2014) – with very nice colour photograph!
- Horsham Unitarian Church hosted a Big Get Together lunch which resulted in a letter to the editor in the West Susses County Times (29 June 2017) from Oliver Farley “Uplifted by Emotion”
- There was also an article and picture in the print edition which was reproduced on the website of Jeremy Quinn MP for Horsham who attended the event