Kirkstead Unitarian Chapel, Woodhall Spa
This small chapel stands here as a witness to the continuing presence of liberal religion in rural areas.
Occasional Services at 3.00pm usually on the fifth Sunday when there are five Sundays in the month.
The Building Today
The Kirkstead Chapel is presently used on a daily basis as a nursery school although special services are held regularly and attended by members of the East Midlands District.
The Building Yesterday
The Kirkstead Chapel was built in 1821 for a Presbyterian congregation. It is the resting place of Richard Wright, the famous travelling Unitarian minister. He spent the last ten years of his ministry at Kirkstead where there is a memorial stone to him in the chapel.
Telephone: Spilsby (01790) 763285
Previous newsletters can be found on the Lincolnshire Group web page
East Midlands email contacts
Webmaster & District Publicity Officer: Howard Wilkins
Now visit some of our other East Midlands Unitarian chapels
If you liked this web page try these
General Assembly of Unitarian and Free Christian Churches
International Association for Religious Freedom (IARF)
International Council of Unitarians & Universalists (I.C.U.U.)
Unitarian College Manchester
National Unitarian Fellowship
Unitarian Universalist Association of Congregations in North America
A few more links for other chapels
- New Chapel, Denton, Greater Manchester
- Bury Unitarian Church, Bury, Lancashire
- Fulwood Old Chapel, Sheffield, South Yorkshire
- Kingswood Meeting House - Hollywood, Birmingham
- Warwick Unitarian Chapel - Warwick, Warwickshire
- Newington Green and Islington Unitarians, London
- Park Lane Unitarian Chapel, Ashton-in-Makerfield, Wigan, Lancashire